David - Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

I believe in friendship. My friend Anthony Phillips and I are best friends. We do absolutely everything together. We don’t have to do much to have fun when we hang out, we could just be sitting at home. We ride together; we die together, brothers for life.

About a year ago, we had gotten into trouble with the law. Neither one of us nark on the other person. We had both gotten arrested and went through it together. After that we came out that night and were scared. Since that day, we made a bond that it doesn’t matter where we are or what we were doing, on Fridays we would be together. He gives me a feel that when I need someone to help me with anything, that he will be there for me. I know that I can put my life in his hands and he will be there to get me out of trouble. We had gotten through out troubles with the law by paying our bill each month for the charges. Every month we would go to the court house together and go through it together. It is not an easy moment when you are alone walking into a court house. By having my friend by my side, we were more comfortable going in the court.

We have played football together going through a championship game to having the worst season in school history. He was always there to help me when I had gotten hurt in the game. He made sure I was all right. He came over to keep me company and bring me food while I was hurt senior year. After football season, we went to visit colleges together to check out football programs that wanted us. We knew that being two players at different talent level, we would not be able to play together. Then the friendship had to go on a long distance term.

I had stayed in New Jersey and he went to Pennsylvania. Even though we were far apart, our friendship was stronger than ever. We called each other everyday after football practice to see how the other one was doing. During midway of the season, our teams had met. Being a starting freshman, I saw my best friend on the opponent’s sideline. Every break that we got from football, we came home to visit each other. Our friendship was very strong throughout the many years of high school and college.

Now till present day, we are the greatest of friends. We still hang out with one another everyday after he comes from work. Every moment that goes by, the bond between us seems to become stronger. Nothing could seem to break us apart, even though girlfriends get in the way. During high school, there was a girl who made me pick between my best friend and her. I picked my best friend, luckily should was only in it for the money. My best friend will always be by my side no matter what happens. David xx and Anthony xx are Friends Forever.