Brittany - monroe, North Carolina

Britta

This I believe in beauty. Aesopt wrote many fables, and he once said “It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds”. Beauty isn’t something you can go buy in your local cosmetic store, or the neighborhood plastic surgeon. I think beauty is defined by elegance. Not by how much skin you can show. I think beauty is curves and sincerity. Not your Average super model that has a stick of gum for dinner. I was looking through the latest edition of vixen and there was this woman in very revealing clothes, makeup for days, and probably weighed about one hundred pounds, and the ad said DARE TO BE BEAUTIFUL. While reading that ad I almost questioned my own beauty. No, I’m not one hundred pounds or never do I wear revealing clothes. But I’m always beautiful in whatever I wear and whatever I do. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and it’s more then what the eyes can see. It goes back to kindness, generosity, humility, and most of all humbleness.

This I believe in today’s society the word beauty is wrapped around superficial things. We live in a world that prizes beauty and rewards those who are believed to be beautiful.” Yet, who are those to define what beauty should look like? Mainly it is the advertising agencies, which set trends and portray images of a “beautiful woman.” Do these agencies portray positive or negative images? They portray negative and unachievable images for mainly women. This has major impact on women and the way they perceive themselves.

This I believe in beauty. There are many adjectives you can use to define beauty and many people describe it differently, but what it all comes down is that beauty comes in all different shapes, sizes, and colors, and true beauty will always prevail and will always shine beautifully from within.