Pilar - Indian Trail, North Carolina
Themes: pleasure

Now here is a subject many women could relate to. SHOES Yes, it is such a cliche about women and shoes. Why do I need so many of them? Just as my stomach needs food, and clothes on my skin, I need shoes on my feet.

I only own 50 pairs of shoes and only 1 pair of feet. In my closet, shoe boxes are piled high from floor to ceiling across one wall My only desire would be, to have a nice extension added to my home for my shoes. The same space I would provide for a new baby, puppy or a computer desk. I envy Imelda Marcos for the 1220 pairs of shoes she owned. Too bad she left them behind when she fled her country. No one should sacrifice that many shoes. I have many types of shoes for all occasions. Sling backs, snakeskin, alligator, patent leather, shining patent leather, black, brown, blue, red pumps, stilettos, black stretchy fabric sandals, strappy sandals, open toe, wedge, platforms, ballet flats, low-cut, high cut boots, dress or cowboy boots, 2, 3, 4, 5 inch heels, skinny heels, chunky heels, pointy toe, round toe, birken stocks, sneakers, tennis shoes even Rainbow flip flops. Oh the shoes Oh thank God for Michael Kors, Gucci, Fendi, Prada , Dior even Payless Shoes. Every pair of shoes makes me feel whatever I want to feel and be whoever I want to be. I can feel tall and proud, sexy and flirty, sophisticated and polished or classy and smart. Even though shoes are just shoes, I can make believe for awhile, well until the blisters form and heels hurt. Nothing a little band-aid or Dr. Scholls visit to the pharmacy, can’t cure. Pain will not let me stop from wearing my Jimmy Choos. I can shop for shoes anywhere in a store or on-line, but the experience of trying on new shoes is pure jubilation. I try to resist temptation and empty pockets, but it just takes too much energy physically and mentally, so I give in. On one occasion in the streets of 5th Avenue, I found myself akwardly gazing, daydreaming at a pair of Enzo Angiolinis’ through the window pane and wondered what could I wear with them. What outfit would I need to purchase to make the ensemble complete, and when and where would I display these chic shoes. However, is there ever a rhyme or reason why we do anything? A shock of electricty waves through me and hairs stand on my neck as I open the glass door with the shiny metal handle bars and see my reflection of my crooked smile on the clear glass doors and with the wave of new shoe smell, a similar smell to a new car, douses my senses. I walk slowly and quietly up and down and around the display of shoes with the white light overhanging the displays of a rainbow colors, buckles, belts, jewels, and heights. And as if God has shown me the way, I see my shoe, a grey snake print with a peep toe, 31/2 inches at $90. I signal the lovely lady to come over and whisper “ I would like these in a nine, please”, I pray they have my size and my choice of color. I wait impatiently but manage my feverish impulses to try on two or three more pairs. As she approaches with a pretty black box, I can see 9 in bold, black print and quickly remove my old shoes, wiggle my toes, let my feet breath just for a second and prepare to slip onto those pretty gray snake print, peep toe pumps. They feel soft, comfortable, just like my own skin except with added height, and my apple cherry pedicure looks great in them. I strut, walk it, shake it, and admire in the mirror. My ankles look skinny, my legs look good and I’m ready to take on the world, my job, my husband, kids, friends and family. In my pretty Enzo Angiolini grey, snakesskin, 31/2 inch peep toe shoes I believe I’m sassy, powerful, and vivacious.