Allie - neenah, Wisconsin

Finding Faith

According to the Webster’s Dictionary, faith is defined as a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny. In my life, I have experienced amazing things and conquered things that I wouldn’t have been able to without faith. Ever since I was young, I grew up attending church and believing whatever any adult told me. As I grew up, I realized that I have my own belief system. I believe that there is some superior being out there. I’m not sure who he or she is, although I know that they are superior. If every person living on earth had some superior being to believe in, they would have a better life.

Last summer when I was up north at our cottage I went our four wheeling with some friends from across the lake. I had never gone four wheeling before this time. We left early in the morning for our adventure and had packed a picnic to have by the side of the road. Around noon, we stopped to have our sandwiches and take a rest from our tiring day. We decided to start heading back to camp after lunch. I hadn’t driven a four wheeler before this summer. My friend from across the lake, Macey, who thought that I would be a great driver decided to plop me on the four-wheeler and force me to drive it. I was a little apprehensive to drive but I thought that it would be fun. It went well at first until I crashed the bike. I one hundred percent totaled it. I was wearing a helmet that wasn’t buckled but fortunately it stayed on when I ran into the tree.Not only did I run into the tree, I also got thrown off. I blacked out and my eyes rolled back. I had unsteady breathing and Macey laid me on the ground. I don’t think I would have made it through that day without having faith. I believed I could survive and someone helped me to do that.

Some people get the misconception that faith is going to church and reading the Bible every night. Faith is believing in something. It helps people conquer and accomplish things they never thought they could. On the other hand, some people believe that faith can solve all of your problems. The truth is that a superior being doesn’t want everything to be perfect. Life would be boring if it was. The key to faith is to never stopp believing. There is a song by Garth Brooks that says “sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers…just because he don’t answer don’t mean he doesn’t care.” God doesn’t always have things work out the way you think things should. He knows a whole lot more than you, which is why you should have faith.

Faith doesn’t always need to go along with church. A person could have faith in their self, which is the most important faith of all. I had to overcome differences in appearances, when I was in Europe this summer with fifteen other kids. We all came from our different cliques from different high schools. I had to have faith in myself that I wouldn’t judge any of my fellow travelers. By the end of my trip I felt like every single person that went on the trip was like part of my family. I didn’t judge them and looked beyond their appearance and inside them for who they truly were. Having faith in myself really paid off.

Every single person in the world has the potential to have faith. The individual decides who or what to believe in. I believe in myself and a superior being. The plucky people need to try their very best to find something. Life will be a lot easier if everyone has courage to achieve faith and has faith to simplify life.