Sonya - Monroe, North Carolina

I believe in traveling. Exploring the world, freeing yourself from all the troubles around you.

When I was a little girl, I always wanted to travel, I always wanted to go to all the places and the beaches that I would see on television. Unfourtunatly, my family didn’t have money for traveling, so my dreams remained just what the were “dreams”.

As I got older the dreams didn’t come as easy. When the dreams stopped coming the stress from the problems around me started. One day I got tired of being stressed out, so I went to visit a travel agent and she helped me set up my first cruise to Cozumel Mexico. As I arrived to board the cruise ship I remember reading the name on the ship “The Imagination” and at that moment I told myself that I would never imagine or dream about traveling again.

Since my first cruise I have sailed across the deep blue ocean from the port of Florida all the way to NASA Bahamas. I have lain and listened to the waves of Myrtle Beach North Carolina, Coco Beach Florida, Miami Beach Florida, and I have flown through the friendly skies all the way to Jamaica. every place I have traveled to, I have felt a great release of stress.

Traveling is like an aspirin for pain, it takes it away. Traveling is a history teacher teaching a class about different cultures. traveling is a best friend to someone who is lonely. That is why I believe in traveling.