Kevin - onaway, Michigan
Themes: work

Get What You Give

I believe people get what they give. I’ve never recalled anyone getting anything handed to them for nothing. I don’t remember anyone accomplishing major goals without putting anything into them. People who haven’t experienced life on its own terms expect to get something for nothing. I believe it pays to try hard at everything you do. If you work hard, the results will be wonderful.

Remember back in the old days when everyone had to work hard for nothing, except to barely survive, what happened? Today you still have to work hard to accomplish goals, and work your fingers to the bone to accomplish these feats. Now that we’re more advanced, I believe people have become lazier. Not all people, but most of them, expect everything given to them.

Another thing to look at would be the homeless people, I’m not picking on them because I know there’s some who are homeless from hurricanes, disabilities, or other life altering disasters, but I’m talking about homeless people that live on the streets and don’t ever make an effort to get a job. They just give up, and choose not to make any choices. Sometimes people need to stay optimistic. If they’re really trying and being kicked while their down, keep believing, and everything will pay off at some point.

People in our society think they deserve everything under the sun. I may only be 22 years old, but my life experience has shown me that I will never get something for nothing. When I look back at my years in high school, it all makes sense of what I did wrong. In high school, I never tried. In fact, I was an F student, which wasn’t because I was illiterate or couldn’t do it, but because I never tried. I can recall being the best or second best at every sport I joined. There were a couple years I couldn’t play sports because I had to be eligible. After two years, I decided enough was enough and started to do well in school. I was able to join sports, new doors opened, life was good, and people looked at me differently. My confidence was high, and I felt like a better person because of that.

Working hard sucks and it is stressful, but if you can get through it then you will be a happier person in the end. To make this very clear, I am not a person that judges people or looks down on them. I am just stating what I believe, and what I’ve experienced in my own journey through life. As of today, I am still coping with this mind set. At times, life gets very hard. I want to give up, but I know if I don’t try, I will be miserable and won’t make anything of myself.

I have learned that if I stay positive and give all I can, then I will definitely get what I deserve. If you’re getting nothing out of life, my advice is, consider that you’re giving nothing, and go back to the drawing board to create a better character out of yourself. No matter how hard life is, it can always get worse.