David - Morganville, New Jersey

I believe that music has the ability to make a person’s life better and can make even the most mundane tasks bearable. Imagine if you will staring at a blank sheet of paper unable to think of anything to write when all of the sudden the sounds of duel shredding guitars, a heavy pounding bass line, machinegun-like double bass drums, a catchy melody, and a voice that seems to stem from the very depths of hell starts blasting in your ears. It sounds like it may be distracting but to me, there is nothing better. When I am at a loss for words or just can’t seem to stay on task I simply put on some music of my choice and the flood gates of my mind seem to open, releasing the torrents of information that are stored there. While I am listening to music information is more readily available to me. The only explanation that I can think of is that under normal circumstances I think about too many things at once and everything gets muddled together and hard to decipher. When I am listening to music everything else is drowned out leaving only me, my music, and the current task at hand. I have witnessed other people who also take advantage of this “non-prescription ADD remedy”. Everyone listens to music whether it is from the television, radio, computer, or any other audio device and everyone has a preference of which genre they listen to but no matter how different the music may be the effect is still the same.