Whitney - Johnson City, Tennessee
Themes: Christianity

This I believe… I believe that if this world learned to love, truly love, war would cease, peace would prevail, and joy would flood the earth. I believe that if every person could know of a boundless love, then there would be joy where now there is mourning. I believe that there is a person, a person named Jesus, who loved me and everyone else in this world enough to give his life for us. As Jesus said: “Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13).

I believe that this world would be a beautiful place if everyone in it found the same hope and joy I have found in Jesus Christ. The world could be a place filled with love, without war, a place filled with joy and peace. I believe that sharing this hope and love is worth my life.

I believe that life is worth living because Jesus is all-powerful and loves me so much that he will never allow anything, other than what is best for me, to happen. I believe that no matter what, I can have joy in the midst of it, because he loves me and will be my comfort and strength. I believe that even if my whole world comes crashing down, I lose my health and everything else, it will somehow all be fine simply because I know that Jesus loves me. I believe that he works all things for the good of those who love him and live according to his commandments, so regardless of what happens, he will work it for my good and the good of those around me (Romans 8:28).

I believe in a world where people share generously, as Jesus did when he was on earth, not a world where the majority of the wealth and resources are concentrated in the hands of a very select few. I believe that if people shared as Jesus did, they would be more generous; they would become involved in the world, and fewer people would die daily from starvation.

I believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead to save the world from sin and give it eternal life, because of this I have joy. This I believe: I can live without fear of tomorrow because I know I am in God’s loving care.