Stacy - Petoskey, Michigan
Themes: integrity, love

Trust in Someone

I believe that without trust, there is nowhere for a relationship to grow from. It is the base from which all relationships come from and build upon. If you believe someone, even to the smallest degree, that trust can still be built on or lost.

What would life be without trusting or having the trust of another person? It’s a lonely world and with so many people today that you can’t trust, it is hard to find a person today that you can trust. If you find someone, hold on to them because they are a blessing and rarity.

I now realize that trust is something in my life I want to share with people that I care about and who care about me. I want to be able to trust someone that I love with everything from my deepest feelings to my life, and get the same in return. I try to grow and learn from my past mistakes. We are all human and make errors.

I have not always wanted to put my trust in another human being because I experienced a difficult lesson early in my life. People I grew up with started rumors about me and stole from me, and I had trusted them with all of my feelings. That was when I thought the trust of another person was hopeless, that everyone wanted something. I believed myself to be naive and too trustworthy.

I started a relationship with a friend of mine who had always been special to me. It was one of the most unfortunate times in my life when we split. The reason behind all this was simple: I could not put my full trust in him. It was all I had known: not to trust anyone I care about for the fear of getting hurt. I’ve heard ‘You don’t realize what you’ve got till its gone.’ and I truly believe that now.

The value of trust in immeasurable. You are almost speechless when you feel the serenity of finding that trust. We are human beings and deserve that sense of love and security. Although it’s not always promised, you can’t back down in the face of disappointment because you will never find what you’re looking for. I gave my trust away too easily early on, but once I found someone I truly loved and cared for that gave me trust, I couldn’t accept or believe it until it was too late. Trust is a valuable part of a relationship that we all have the opportunity to share with another person, we just have to know where and when to start. Getting hurt and falling down is not as bad as losing people that we love in our lives.