Diana - Monroe, North Carolina
Themes: birth

I believe in life. It is as simple as that. I think that the unborn children that do not have a voice deserve life. I believe that my great-grandmother should have the right to live the rest of her life, without feeling like she is an extra human on Earth taking up oxygen. I also believe that every person should not be threatened to loose his or her life. Murder is devaluing human life. I believe murder to be wrong.

Each year there are 1.5 million abortions performed in America. 52% of women, ages 25 and younger are having abortions performed on them. I believe that every child should have the chance to life, to growing up, and to becoming a person of purpose and reason. The reason that I believe abortion is wrong is because it takes the life of an innocent child. Abortion is wrong because it devalues human life. This child that is killed did not have the chance to do anything wrong or even make their own choices.

Older people deserve life as well. People in nursing homes and in hospitals should not have their life cut short. I believe that euthanasia is wrong. I came to this conclusion when my great-grandmother who is eighty-seven years old, was placed in a hospital and two different nursing homes. As I came to visit here there I saw how the nurses that worked there treated my little grandmother. They took very little time to make sure that she was comfortable. I also noticed that the nurses there did not check on her regularly. I came to visit my grandmother several times a week. I came to feed her and give her baths. I saw that my grandmother’s life had been devalued in this area of hygiene. I wish that the nurse would take better care of her, by letting her take more than one bath a week. I would like for those around my grandmother to let her enjoy her life. She is not doing anyone any harm. So why do some people make her feel like she is not wanted in this world any longer, by devaluing her life and her rights as a human?

Murder ties into abortion and euthanasia. Murdering another human being is taking their life away from them. There is no explanation, or excuse to murdering someone. The person that had lost his or her life had more dreams and goals ahead of them. Most likely that person also had friends and family that now have to mourn their loss. This is why I believe murder is wrong.

Every person should have the right to enjoy their life to the fullest potential. No child or older person should be killed or murdered. Every person deserves to live. I believe life is precious.