Nicole - Slingerlands, New York
Themes: nature, place

I believe in summer sun By Nikki Branchini

I believe in summer sun because when you are in the summer sun that is when your body is in a state of complete happiness. You have no care in the world, and your living for the moment. This is how I believe a person should act all of the time, and I try to. The summer sun seems to bring out the best in people.

You wake up to the sun gradually rising in the sky. Your windows are open and the birds are chirping. There is a slight breeze but it is just strong enough to blow in the delicate scent of the tulips that are opening up in your front yard. You walk outside; you stop and fill your lungs with the gentle wind. This is summer.

You leisurely stroll upstairs to your room. Your favorite pink top is placed on your bed and, that skirt that fits just right is next to it. Your bathing suit slides across your warm flesh. You look into the mirror and everything just seems to fit flawlessly.

You turn your key into the ignition and roll down the windows. Hair blowing in your face like the yellow grains of wheat in an open countryside. The car seems to drive itself down the familiar path to your best friends house.

Recognizable laughs transmit loudly from the back yard. They are all waiting for you. The music is playing the peaceful songs from your childhood. Food is on the table and drinks are in the cooler.

The diving board is full of life, and so are the floating whales in the deep end. You let your bag drop to your side and apply the sph 45-sunscreen all over your nose and body. You let it soak in.

The Little Mermaid towel is sprawled out on the dark green grass, and your body comfortably conforms itself to the old rag And there your go resting the day away in the summer sun.

I believe you are the happiest person that you can possible be when you are in the summer sun. There are no troubles that consume your mind; the summer sun fills your body with happiness. This I believe.