Megan - Albany, New York

I believe that having an older sibling can be fun, even though they can be overbearing and you fight constantly you have good times.

When my sister Jaime held me in the neonatal unit, I knew that our parents would have a hard time controlling two strong willed stubborn girls. Remember everything I know I learned from her. I wished I was her sometimes a little part of me to this day 18 years later wish I can be her.

In either 1998 or 1999 Jaime, our brother Dylan and I went on our first vacation with out our parents to the Jersey Shore with our maternal grandmother and aunts uncles and cousins. Jaime and I opted to ride with our maternal grandmother “Nanny”, and our brother rode with our cousin and his parents. Jaime gave me her broken backpack and said “go ahead look through it”. I was shocked usually I got into trouble for that one. I wondered what the catch was.

On the 4th Of July which is our cousin Chris’s birthday we went out to dinner. I didn’t really feel well so Jaime and I went to the hotel, yeah I threw up in the bushes. But she stayed up with me and we watched the Macy’s Spectacular, the boy band 98 degrees was really hot at that time so Jaime and I talked about how hot Nick Lachey was.

If I would have known the kind of karma that I would have gotten when I was sick then I wouldn’t have gotten sick then.

In 2003 I was repaid so to speak, the alcohol company Bacardi was in Albany searching for “the best party city”. No one ever said my sister was a genius, so she decides to drink Bacardi. She drank a little more than she could consume. As soon as she got home at like 1 2 in the morning she throws up all over our brother’s bed. Honestly I thought I was the only one who could pull that one off.

But all in all she’s taught me some valuable lessons through her mistakes; Don’t drink more than you can consume, Don’t get drunk on your 18th birthday that you spend in college in the middle of absolutely nowhere and drive up to Rochester to get your eyebrow pierced and get a tattoo, Don’t drive in sheer white out conditions even though your baby sister’s birthday is around the corner, Don’t let any guy call you fat when you’re a twig because you’ll end up in the hospital weighing less than your little brother, AND most of all don’t attract a rocker, even though he did threaten your no good ex boyfriend and said, “If I ever hear you talk about her like that again I’ll kick your you know what”.

Just based on this I know that having a sibling can be fun and this is something I believe.