Anna - Guilderland, New York
Themes: pleasure

This I believe that everyone has their own little black dress. That one thing that when they put it on it makes them feel better inside. It gives them an extra boost of confidence and makes them feel incredible. Everyone knows that it’s a comforting feeling, feeling that way.

For me I believe every time I put on my little black dress that hangs in my closest I immediately exude confidence. I know that when I put on my little piece of heaven no matter how bad my hair or make-up may look at the time will always be softened and made better just because of the dress. There’s something about the shape and the color and just the simplicity of the dress that as a whole makes me feel calm, cool, and secure about my whole look. Call me vain but when I feel all these things that pertain to my look I relax, and when I relax I focus more on my personalities characteristics because I’m not worried about my appearance.

Whenever I slip into my little black dress things change in me; I feel different. I’m noticeably more confident, outgoing, positive, conscious and exciting; all things that I strive to be more of when I’m in just jeans and a t-shirt. I suppose that’s why I like it so much, its fun to change, to feel and be different once in awhile.

It’s strange because it’s silly to think that by just putting on an article of clothing our mindset does an absolute one eighty on us and we feel different; almost as though we were super heroes. It’s true though, anybody who reads this will for come to the truth that there is something in their closet that they admit when they put it on makes them feel better in some little way or another.

This I believe that everyone has their own little black dress.