joseph - Johnson City, Tennessee

This I believe, I believe that there is nothing worse than lukewarm coffee. When coffee is hot, it wakes you up and refreshes you, giving you the power to go on. When coffee is cold, like in ice coffee or a Frappuccino, it quenches your thirst. But there is simply nothing worse than lukewarm coffee. When I take a drink of lukewarm coffee, my deepest desire is to spew it from my mouth.

This concept applies in more things than coffee; it applies to how you should live your life. If you are going to do something, anything, wither do it with the fever of a cup of hot coffee, going at it 120 percent, or don’t do it all. It is better to not attempt at all then to give a half hearted attempt. Whether you are 10 and playing in a little league baseball game or you are 50 and working on a presentation to land your company a major account you should give it all you have.

It is a simple idea…going at something with all you have or not trying at all. If you follow this simple rule of thumb, you will feel better about yourself and your image you portray to other people will also improve.

If you were going to hire someone to do a job, who would you hire; someone who accomplishes their task, but only goes about it in a half-ass way or someone who gave the task their all. It is not a hard decision. You would also appreciate the person who knew they were not going to give it their all and just stayed at home.

I believe there is nothing worse than lukewarm coffee. If you take a drink, be prepared to spit it out.