Stephanie - North Augusta, South Carolina

I believe in Converse shoes. I remember buying my first pair. My mom was excited to see them coming back into style. She bought a bright blue pair, and I bought a black pair with pink lining. The feel of the new cloth shoe replaced my hot skate shoe filled with padding. Later, I would later converse mean more than just a cooler shoe. They represent individuality, creativity, friendship, and life.

Converse come in many different colors or patterns. You can choose your favorite. You can also express yourself by drawing on the shoe. As you draw and change you the shoe you change too. The show begins to represent you. Your creativity and individuality are portrayed through the shoes.

People who wear converse have a seemingly innate bond. Upon meeting a converse wear cool points are added. Friends who wear converse feel closer, but maintain their individuality through different color and drawings. The shoe itself is a friend. It’s there through all your falls, trips, and when you’re walking tall. They’ll be there through it all; a friend that will always protect you- well at least your feet.

Most of all converses are like life. Life is your canvas to paint on. You have the high tops and low tops of life. Sometimes your sole becomes worn, the cloth rips, or your dog chews a hole in your shoe, but in the end it can all be fixed. Just like a person’s soul becomes worn. We have scars like the rips. Scars heal, rips are fixed and life goes on. On top of all this life has creativity, individuality, and friendship.