Christy - Moosic, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

That one true love or that one and only is not something that most people in our society or even the world believe in. The thing is though that even though they may not believe that there is only one person in the world for them, their one true love, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t true. Since the ripe age of fifteen years old I have been swept off of my feet by a boy who is three thousand miles away from me in the very state of California.

It all started back in December 2003 with a mere picture of David Boreanaz in a profile of some random person on a Harry Potter RPG (Role Playing Game) that my best friend, Ryan, introduced to me. With that simple little picture, and then a few “owls” back and forth to one another I found myself a new friend…Gavin. Gavin lived in California, and he was the same age as I was, he was into the same books as I was, and even the same television shows; hence the picture of David Boreanaz in his profile who was also know as Angel on from the show Angel on the WB. A few weeks passed and then late one night in the first or second week of January I received an IM from a spydragon69. It was Gavin’s best friend, Marc. Marc and I talked from midnight that night to six o’clock in the morning about random things such as television shows, books, the RPG we both played on, and even Gavin. I came to find out that Marc ended up messaging me to find out who the mysterious girl was that his best friend talked about so often, but I didn’t only find that out though…I found out Gavin actually liked me. Of course like everyone else in the world I didn’t believe him. Why would Gavin like me? Anyway though, after the random stuff we talked about it was now very late or really early because I turned around and peeked out the window, and the sun was coming up. Marc and I couldn’t even believe that we had talked for that long….six hours straight.

As weeks went by Marc and I became closer every single time we talked on the computer. Then one night when he was staying at Gavin’s house, they wanted me to call them. Scared and shy like I always use to be I couldn’t because I didn’t know if they were just playing or not. So…I had my friend Courtney call them and she talked to them for five minutes on the phone while talking to me on AIM, and she told me they really did want me to call. So with reassurance, I finally called the two knuckle heads. They picked up the phone and laughed and said, “You’re such a scaredy cat. We really did want you to call.” I finally breathed with those last few words, because I had stopped when I started dialing Gavin’s number. That night we stayed up till seven o’clock in the morning and laughed until we practically died. A few more months went by and then on March 23, 2004 when I was talking to just Marc on the phone he told me he loved me, and that’s the day we started going out. Marc and I went out for two and a half years. He broke up with me in February 2006 because he didn’t think things were going to work out because I still had another year of high school. I still tried to stay friends with him because I still loved him, but it just wasn’t working for him. So I stopped talking to him, didn’t call him ever again and didn’t even talk to him again…at least for awhile. While Marc and I were broken up he never went out with anyone, didn’t try to, and didn’t even do anything with any girls. ‘Now how do I actually know all this?’ Well because I checked his Myspace quite frequently because as I said I still love him and also because well….let’s go back to Gavin now. Gavin, his best friend was the biggest tattle-tail in the world when we were going out, and even when we were broken up. Why now? Well Gavin after all those years of him going out with numerous other girls, and still never having gone out with me, still liked me I came to find out the day from him the day after Marc and I broke up; hence him being such a tattle-tail when it came to things with Marc because of the pure and simple fact he didn’t want us going out. Well Gavin’s little wish only lasted for a few months because on June 16, 2006 Marc called me. Marc told me he was sorry he broke up with me, he still loved me and he never stopped doing so the whole time we were broken up. So a few days later in June Marc and I officially got back together and we still are.

I went out to see Marc in December for a week and we had an awesome time together. He kept his arms around me ninety-five percent of the time I was there, and I felt totally safe with him. We also watched the ball drop on New Year’s Eve with one another. Then on New Year’s Day when I had to fly home for school I woke up to him kissing me on the cheek, and he had tears in his eye, and he said to me “Don’t leave. You can stay here with me. I don’t want you to go.” I did have to go back though so I could finish high school and go to college. Where? I’m sure you can guess…I’m going to college in California in August 2007 and I’m going to stay on campus a half hour away from Marc. Then in a few years from now Marc and I plan on getting married which, we’ve already been talking out….and I’m one hundred percent sure that it is definitely going to happen. I already have a ring I mean….just a promise ring he got me for Christmas, but to me it definitely means so much more.