Sean - Nashua, New Hampshire
Themes: love

Never take the chance, say I love you.

I believe that you should say I love you every time you say good bye to your loved ones. I believe that you should not feel embarrassed to do so. Saying I love you to your loved ones you never know if that is going to be the last time you get to say that to them. Never take chances because when you do you will feel like you are missing something. There will never be full closure if something bad happens to a loved one.

I learned to never take chances when I was eleven years old and my mom went down to Florida for my sick great grand father. This guy was amazing, a World War II veteran and the guy looked as if he was sixty and not eighty. Before he left to Florida every winter he would always take us out to dinner but this year I couldn’t go. I had football and I missed it. Unfortunately he had to leave the next morning so I never got to say good bye and I love you. I didn’t think much of it at the time because I was sure I would see him later or I would eventually call him.

In January of 2003 he became really sick which was not expected because he was so healthy. They thought that he was going to be ok but still my mom went down to help him. We were going to move down there and live with him full time once we got out because my mom thought that was the right thing to do. The day before she baught a house the Patriots had won the super bowl and my papa was running around in the hospital happy and everyone thought he was getting better. Imagine our surprise when he died two days later. I hadn’t talked to him in a while and I never got to say I love you to him. I never got to say good bye. The only time I could say good bye was at his funeral which was really upsetting.

For a while I was regretting not doing this and every time we went to go see his grave I would feel a little empty inside like I didn’t have enough closure with my papa. My Grammy would say that there is no way of knowing that you shouldn’t be angry at yourself for not doing that but you should embrace all that he has done for you. I realized that I should never take chances and either should you. Your loved ones could be gone any day and you would have no way of knowing. I believe that we should say I love you every chance we get. You will feel more closure I believe and will be able to live with the fact that there gone because you can not do anything about it but you can say I love you.