Amber - Taylor, Pennsylvania
Themes: love, setbacks

This I Believe.

I believe when you’re in a relationship, you have to be true to yourself and true to the other person in the relationship. From a past relationship, I’ve learned to see through the facade and the sweet talk. When I was a sophomore, I had my first real boyfriend. Or so I thought. We were off and on for about nine months. In the beginning, it was great and I felt like I was on top of the world and no one could touch me. He made me feel special and one of a kind. I thought he was a nice guy but soon enough I found out his past, which wasn’t a very good one. I was not only involved with a loser, but I had all the baggage that came with it. My world came crumbing down. I found out he was a player and I was his game. I found out he still talked to his old girlfriend, along with many other girls. He lied to me and told me he was going to New York with his grandma when in fact he stayed at his ex-girlfriend’s house. That was only the beginning. Should I believe it? Or is it just a rumor? I was in love, and I never thought he could do this to me. I found out he used to hang out with other girls right after he would hang out with me. He had another girlfriend for two months while he was dating me. Eventually I had enough, and couldn’t take anymore. I did what was right, I broke up with him. It killed me but I was better than that. I didn’t need all of his baggage weighing me down. Of course he tried getting back with me. He cried, whined, and whimpered like a little baby. He tired to express his love for me by calling me baby, and telling me what I wanted to hear. But it didn’t fool me. I realized he had a messed up life, and his girlfriends were his favorite part. I realized no matter how hard I tried, he would never change. I stood my ground. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I’ve learned my lesson.