Amber - Moosic, Pennsylvania

A Good Hug Solves Everything

When I’ve had a bad day and nothing seems to be going right, a good hug can solve all my problems. Whether I’m mad at a friend, or I’m not feeling well, or I’m upset a good hug can always cheer me up.

I don’t know what it is about hugs that make me feel good. It might be the fact that I’m an affectionate person, and I love human touch. Human touch is so important in development. It might also be the fact that hugs are warm and make me feel protected in any situation.

The first time I lost someone close to me was almost two years ago. I remember for hours I sat crying in my best friend’s arms. Although I was devastated, having my friend hug me temporarily helped ease the pain. Hugs are a great way to achieve a bonding experience because they act as a silent healer. When no words can be used to express my feelings, I give them a hug. It basically says all that I am trying to say without saying it.

Hugs aren’t just used to cheer me up, but they are also used when I’m excited and happy. When my friends and I are having a goodtime making idiots of ourselves, hugging while we’re dieing laughing is almost instinct.

I believe that hugs are a way of soothing, and I think that it is necessary for people to be hugged daily. Anyone and everyone should be hugged because it makes people happy. Whenever I see someone I like upset, I hug them. It’s an instant cheerer-upper.