Morgan - Moosic, Pennsylvania
Themes: community

I believe that fights don’t solve anything

It was late at night and my family was on its way back to my Dads’ house in Taylor. When we were stopped at a red light, the people behind us were a little aggravated and my mother started to get really annoyed at how rude they were. They were driving aggressively and taking a stupid situation way out of control. So my mom flipped off the people and that sent them over the edge. There was a bright reflection in the rear view mirror that didn’t disappear for a few minutes. I turned around to see what was there and a car was following us home. My curiosity locked in. What is going to happen? Are we going to get hurt? I had no idea what to expect next.

We pulled into Arcaro’s parking lot and were getting ready to go into the house. My brother and I noticed that the car following us had also pulled in. I was scared but had to listen to my parents and go into the house. The tall men got out of their car and approached my father. It seems like a scene from a movie. The big guys go after the tiny man because they know they can win and won’t get hurt. I heard a few punches being thrown and some screams shortly followed, but I never thought that my dad was the one getting hurt so badly.

All I remember is seeing him being thrown over the hood of the car and getting punched a couple of times. My father is a very skinny man with lanky arms and legs. So tossing him over the car I’m sure wasn’t that difficult. He can’t defend himself when he is thrown in a circle of two big men who took over the fight from the beginning. Luckily he wasn’t hurt to the point of going to the hospital, but he was still sore.

Hitting someone doesn’t erase the problem. Personally, it would only make my hand hurt. The anger that is built up inside of someone will only go away for those brief moments of throwing punches. I don’t think that fights can make a problem just disappear. Actually the fights get taken way out of control and someone can end up getting seriously hurt. People think that by hitting someone they come off as being stronger than the other person and make themselves look like they are tough. Fighting doesn’t take away any problem. Fights don’t solve anything. This I believe.