roberto - chicago, Illinois
Themes: setbacks

March 30, 2007

I believe when some loved one of yours past away it’s not the end of the world. As in any family you wouldn’t want a loved one to die.

I had wakened up at four O’clock in the morning, and I started getting ready for my match when my dad came to my room to get me because my grandfather had just passed away. The first thing I had thought of was my mom because I knew I had to be there with her. I felt really sad and depressed because I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye to him. Tears came out my eyes I didn’t know what to say I was speechless. The other thing that came to my mind was the happy moments we had together laughing and enjoying the good weather. I didn’t imagine I would see him dead.

It’s very difficult to understand why some people die at younger age or older age, hopefully scientist find cure for everything but especially cancer because that was what my grandfather passed away. My grandfather was a very noble man and very respectful. I loved him with all my heart and I will always do. He passed five days after my birthday I still remember the words he told me “Son I got nothing to give but just a hug” I told him don’t worry I just want to be with you. This I believe.