Sabrina - Yorktown, Virginia

Everything Happens for a Reason

There are many values and beliefs that I hold true to my heart. The belief that sticks out the most is knowing that everything happens for a reason. When a loved one passes away it seems so unfair and depressing, but that person is in a better place. My uncle suffered for years with lung cancer. When he passed away all of my family had comfort because we knew that he was in Heaven, smiling and no longer in pain. I believe when those around me die I must cope with it knowing that it happened for a reason. These loved ones that pass away are not gone forever. My uncle is now watching down on me waiting for us to be reunited.

Even events like separating from someone I truly loved felt almost unbearable. I dated a boy for seven years and thought he was the only one for me. He cheated on me, but I still thought that I loved him, and I should be with him. Years passed, and I am now dating someone who treats me like a princess. I realize now that my past experience was a growing experience. It was a life lesson. I understand now that I got my heart broken for the greater good of learning something important. Being cheated on helped me learn that not everyone is honest and kind at heart. I deserved better than my ex boyfriend and prior to being hurt I would have never had the strength to find out for myself.

I was strong enough to make it out of the rut. I progressed forward to a new level of my life that changed me forever. I was able to open my eyes and my heart to new concepts that only helped me grow stronger as a person, mentally and physically. I can say from experience I believe everything in life happens for a reason.