Loryana - Virginia Beach, Virginia
Themes: parenthood

“The Power of Motherhood”

I believe in the power of motherhood. From conception to birth, a mother and her baby share a special bond. This bond continues for the rest of the child’s life. Throughout the child’s life the mother is always there for them. A mother will teach the child until the day they are no longer in their lives. From learning to talk, to raising their own children, the mother teaches them and offers their advice. Mothers have a special touch like no other human being and they have unconditional love to give. They put their children before themselves. They have the best hugs, warmest smiles, and the softest touch. As you can see I believe my mother is my savior, my best friend, and my life. My mother has been there for me through thick and thin. When I feel like the world is turning against me, I know she is there. As life goes on, she will continue to be there. She has never given up on me and when times were rough she taught me to stick with it and things would get better. She kissed all my scraped knees and scared away the monsters in my closet. She could shoot me a look from across the room and I knew I better straighten up. Any mother has mastered that look and everyone knows what I am talking about. It is scary.

I believed that a mother has all the answers. My mother is just a phone call away with advice that always makes me feel better. I know that it is going to be helpful because she only has my best interest at heart. She only does things that teach me lessons or make me a stronger, better person. She was the one who drove me to every practice and batting lesson, to make sure I was the best on the field. She was the one that took me around Virginia to visit the colleges I was looking to attend. She was the one that when I did not want to go to college, she told me I had no choice. She knew it was right for my future.

I believe in talking to my mother at least once a day. If I do not, my day feels empty. Her words of wisdom and the tone in her voice are calming to me. I believe that a mother has a unique quality called “mothers intuition”. Any time I would bring a boyfriend over, I would always ask for my mother’s opinion after he left. Even though she knew I liked him, she would still give me a straight answer. All the times that she told me she did not care for him, he would always end up hurting me. I believe in the power of motherhood. I hope to be half of the mom my mother is.