Brandon - Nashua, New Hampshire

I believe that music influences life. Music affects the type of mood you are in and even the way you carry yourself. It has this unspoken unbelievable power that no one can stop. Every generation has grown up with music and every generation till the end of time will be influenced with music. Music has formed who we as a country are today and it also distinguishes other countries because it is popular in all seven continents. Anywhere you travel there will be music there.

Music literally gets in your head; you will hear people all the time say “I have a song stuck in my head.” I know that I say that all of the time. I tend to get more hard loud rock music in my head. Most of the time I don’t know the words except for the chorus, but I still hum the song pretending that I actually know it. All genres of music get into my head but rock and alternative music seem to get in my head more. F.N.X. and W.A.A.F. are two stations that music gets stuck in my head a lot. I get the band “Against Me!” songs stuck in my head more then other songs.

Music can change your mood for better and worse just by the song that is playing. I will walk out of the shower all of the time and put on some music and it will change me. I become one with the music. When I put on a song that I really like, I cant help but do a little dance to it, whether it’s a little jiggle, or a full out head bang, these kinds of songs will change my mood and put ,e in a good mood. Emo songs are sad though and can put you in a crappy mood because they are depressing and just really bad songs. I don’t like emo bands and their songs. The point is that when music is playing, it gets into my veins and I can’t help from just tapping my foot, even if it isn’t my usual type of music.

Music has influenced us for generations and generations. I remember growing up to the type of music that my mom listened to, oldies. Songs like “Brown Eyed Girl”, and “twist and Shout” were what she played because that’s the type of music she grew up with and she influenced me with it. My uncle who is from a different generation then her has influenced me with another genre of music that he grew up with. He had me listen to some country music like Big and Rich and some local kind of down town Boston music because he was in a couple of bands, and he played that type of music so I would listen to his bands tapes. I like all these types of music that was from different generations because of my mom and uncle.

So, everywhere you go there is going to be music. You can’t escape it. It’s even in your head. It surly is always in mine. That is why I believe that music influences life.