Lianne - Newport News, Virginia

Tomorrow isn’t Guaranteed.

We have all heard these familiar adages, live each day like it’s your last; Nothing is ever promised tomorrow, today; Live like there is no tomorrow. Each of these sayings suggests an important message…tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, a core belief I embrace daily. Life is a precious gift that many of us take for granted. One never knows when it will be their time to leave this earth. For that reason, I find value in living each day to the fullest. People are so easily caught up in the daily stressors of life that they forget each day is a blessing and a gift. Instead of worrying and stressing about material things one should take the time to realize how blessed they are to have lived another day. We have so many things to be thankful for. One doesn’t realize the importance and significance of all we have until it is lost. The importance of our gifts of life, happiness, love, health, family, are often overlooked. If fortunate, each morning we wake up to live another day. With each passing day that we are able to live without sickness and whole bodied is a blessing. Arguments without resolution are put off with the thought of apologizing later. What if there is not a later? Later, as tomorrow, is not promised.

There are so many little things in life that we take for granted. It’s often the simplest things we miss that are worthwhile. Something as simplistic as a beautiful day, the sunset, or time spent with friends or family. Slow down and take the time to realize what we have been blessed with and learn to cherish and appreciate it. Life comes with challenges and struggles. One must learn to focus their energy on the positive rather than the negative outcomes. I believe everything happens for a reason. Our life’s path can take us to places or afford us experiences often beyond our thoughts or wills. That is the way of life. Ironically when we are first born, we measure life by days, then months, and finally years. Though we keep track of our lives through years, it is important to recall each the uniqueness in each day. I believe it helps to emphasis the importance of what you really have. You never know what life has in store. Life is very precious and precarious at best. So remember this quote stated by Souza, “ Dance as though no one is watching you, Love as though you have never been hurt, Sing as though no one can hear you, and Live as though heaven is on earth.” – souza. Do this because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.