Crystal - Lancaster, Texas

I Believe In Sudoku

I believe in keeping my mind active at all times so I can focus on daily tasks. Without the entertainment of puzzles that makes me think for hours a day I would be the regular teen couch potato; watching television, listening to music, on the internet, or playing video games to pass the time. Sudoku gives me the opportunity to better my thinking level at the same time react faster to situations that may require quick responses.

My love for the intense number game started about a year ago when I had nothing “interesting” to do at home. My father, who on his break played Sudoku, informed me about the mind bottling game. He gave me one of his puzzles, the instructions, and told me to “give it a shot” and in less than 20 minutes I was done with my first puzzle. To his amazement he thought I looked at the answer in the back of the book but I did not. I had finished it all on my own and from that moment I knew I had found a new and fascinating game that would keep my attention for a long time.

Most of my friends find the game boring and pointless but there are the select few that I managed to corrupt into loving the game as much as I do. I see them playing it while waiting for class to start and even while class is going on. I too do the same. I play it while I am waiting on my laundry to finish; I play it when riding in the car, but most of all I play it when I have nothing else to do. I believe it is better to keep my mind active on something that can help me in the long run than to damage it later, which is why I am a strong believer in Sudoku. It gives me the chance to strengthen my thinking process and reaction time. Not only do I think it is helpful but I also think that everyone should “give it a shot” just to see if spark their attention.