Jen - Brown Summit, North Carolina

I believe in this force that keeps me alive. I believe in this vivifying and quickening principle. I believe in my period of existence. I believe in my corresponding state of being that belongs to my soul. I believe in my life.

Life is opposed, it is contradicted, and it is challenged. It is thrown away and it is taken for granted, but my life will set me free. It will set me free in ways I have not yet experienced. Once I walk out of this door of my home that cannot even be locked properly, to a home of my own, the life, my life, of possibilities and opportunities will bring me to a level of euphoric freedom because all of the experiences I have endured will be no longer. There will be possibilities of goodness and well-being and waves of love that will transcend me above any obstacle that will ever be thrown at me. There will be opportunities that I have not seen achieved in my seventeen years of life by people I have been around.

I’m tired. I’m tired of seeing the people that kill themselves in effort for recognition in prominence, watching the people who soak in prosperity throw it away for their personal compulsions. My force of life, my astounding premise of existence, means more to me than it probably should because of situations that I have seen. Whether if it was drugs or just simply not caring about anything and everything, this life, this simple and diminutive period of reality, is more brittle then people think. There is one opportunity for everyone to prove himself or herself and this is my time to live my purpose to everyone who never had faith in me. I am more than these situations and I will make the best out of this gift of being.

I believe in the sun, the moon, and the stars. I believe in this distinguishing phenomenon that we call life and the theory that everyone has a purpose. There are a lot of different definitions of the word “life”, but the only definition that could ever matter to anyone is their own dignifying reason to make the choice given to all human beings purposeful.