stephanie - LAKE GROVE, New York

I believe that throughout life, I will meet many new and different people, as I have already done so since the start of college. It is always nice to have new people in my life, but after going through a tough situation, I came to realize that I will always rely on my closest friends and my family to be there for me. In life, I will meet many new people, but only a few can impact my life. This stands true for everyone.

The new people that I have met and will eventually meet do not know me like my closest friends do. It is inevitable that I will make new friends that I may or may not become close to, but in the end, I know I will always find myself running back to the people who know me best. It is the sense of comfort I get from them because I know they would never judge me. They are the ones who know me in and out and have shared many years and history with me. I do not feel comfortable opening up to new people and telling them about my personal life and I am sure it would make them feel uncomfortable as well.

No matter the distance, my true friends and my family always find a way to be by my side. They are always readily available for me to receive advice from or just to have a shoulder to cry on. Even when I do not want to hear it, they tell me what they feel is best for me so I can overcome the situation and become a stronger person. I have learned to appreciate them so much more because of what they would go through for me. It is also a great feeling when someone close to me comes to me for help, knowing I can make an impact on someone else’s life. I feel that having a few close friends is always better than having many friends that are just strictly on a social level. The people who are closest to me are worth every trouble, heartbreak, and tear because I know they will always be there in the end.