Bethany - Oliver Springs, Tennessee
Themes: Christianity

I believe in God, and that He is the One who gets me through the many obstacles that stand in my way every single day. If it was not for Him I would have no purpose in my life. I live by the Bible verse Philippians 4:13 which states, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

My mother has always told me that when life starts seeming as if it is too much to handle, all I have to do is pray. God always listens to me and helps carry the burdens. I have found this so true. This is my first year away from home. I have felt so overwhelmed by school work, financial issues, and the responsibilities that come with becoming an adult. I pray every time I fell troubled. It seems as if right after I amen God brings a sense of calm over me and every thing always turns out alright.

God is my best friend. He is always beside me. He always listens. He never leaves me. Even if I make some bad decisions in my life, all I have to do is turn to Him, apologize, and try and do better next time. He never gets angry with me; he never leaves my side, and he does not betray me. He cares about me, watches over me, and protects me every hour of every day of every year.

I believe because of God. He is my Father, King, and best friend. As long as I follow His will in my life, I will be alright. I have nothing to fear because He is constantly watching over me. I pray for His protection every morning, every time I step foot into a vehicle, and every night before I go to sleep. If it was not for God being in my life, no telling where I would be. He has blessed me with more than I am worthy of. Because of God, I believe.