Rae - McMinnville, Ohio
Themes: children, hope

I believe in the power of positive. Positive thinking, positive energy, and positive reinforcement, and positive placement.

So many times in our lives we are surrounded by negative. Negative images, negative people, and negative thoughts. It is hard for one to remember what feels like to feel good. When we turn on our radios or our televisions in the morning after a good nights sleep to be bombarded with news of famine and war, religious crusades and racial slurs, it is hard to focus on the positives of those situations.

When we begin our days happily and are beaten down with news of global warming, increasing fuel costs, and decreasing stock prices, how are we ever going to return to happier times?

If we do return to happier times, how are we ever going to allow ourselves to be happy with so much pain and suffering around us?

I believe in the power of positive. I believe this power is contagious, and more infectious than any disease plaguing any nation. I believe that being a positive influence in your life inspires others to do so as well.

Still a non believer? Well, think of this. Who are the only people in the entire world that are always positive? That no matter what is happening around them, they can see the light in every situation and project it out to infect anyone? The answer is easier than you might think, children. A single child represents so many positive things. They are our greatest teachers in being positive. A child’s laugh can cut through the most tense of situations and promote ease and positive energy. The experts and songwriters of times past have told use to teach our children well. However, it’s high time that we take a lesson from them.

The power of positive is absolute. The change in yourself and your environment will be almost immediate. We may not have control over our world leaders, or disease and famine facing other nations. We may not be able to stop racism and corruption in a single shot, but what we can do is learn to be more positive in our lives through positive actions, positive energy, and positive changes. This I believe.