Kimberly - Decatur, Georgia
Themes: love

“This I Believe” “Walk by Faith and not by sight.” Have you ever felt good about something that you couldn’t express yourself enough to someone for them to have that same inner feeling of thankfulness, sincerity, and respect for what you believed in and knew to be true? Well those terms pretty much express my belief which is all about having faith.

My husband now of 8 months is a man I fell in love with over 13 years ago. We dated on and off throughout those 13 years. Six years into our dating is when I really fell in love and knew what love was, meant, and felt like. I think we had also grown up a bit. He proposed to me in 2001 and got cold feet which landed us back to square one, off again. He fell for another girl but in spite of how grimed it looked for me, I held on to my faith. Only because I knew in my heart, my soul, my gut, and everything else that he was my soul mate and he was only afraid of getting married, especially with so many of his friends telling him that he shouldn’t. When we would go out here and there, I always made a habit of telling him how I felt and that we would be married soon. That he needed to hurry up and finish sowing his wild oaks because he would be my husband. One year prior to him proposing again, I passed by him going to work. He called me for lunch. We walked to a nearby place for business first and I looked him in his eyes and told in exactly one year we would be married and he smirked but it wasn’t a negative smirk. Sure as I stand here today to testify, within one year that man is now my man and we are happily married.

While there are many things I could share personally to reiterate the meaning of having faith and how it gets you through life, this one was really close to my heart and I have to tell you that being a single mother prior to marriage wasn’t easy but Faith kept us going. I was able to show my children that hard work through faith pays off. I have a beautiful family, a nice home with things I’ve always wanted and it didn’t come from having money because that I didn’t have much of but by grace and by faith I accumulated these things. I believe one must claim and hold on to what they believe and know it from within that that you can do better, or that you can have what you want, that you can have the type of family you want, the type of job you want, the friends you want and so forth but nothing brings it better and closer than faith. By trusting and believing the unknown and what you know can be, it makes you appreciate it more when it happens. I claimed my dreams and had FAITH.