Kaylee - Fortson, Georgia

I believe that movies are a gift. I believe that movies have the ability to inspire people, and change the lives of individuals. I believe this to be true because I have experienced it. Movies have made me the person I am today. Some movies motivate me to do better, some give me new ideas, and some have the ability to simply entertain me. I love movies, whether I’m in a crowed movie theater, or the comforts of my own home, watching movies for me is the greatest gift.

The phrase “it’s just a movie” has never applied to my life. It was never just a movie. To me, movies are another world all on their own. I can travel to the classy streets of New York and visit a Tiffany’s department, fall in love during WWII, find my true love while traveling the seas on the Titanic, or I can go all the way back to a time where southern gentlemen were plenty and southern bells were admired. I can be who I want to be when I’m watching a movie. In life I am shy, nervous, and afraid of people, but watching a movie I become a confident, classy, whole person who’s capable of getting the job, falling in love, and all the while remaining my own self.

Movies stir up emotions deep down inside me. I cry, I laugh, I cheer. I remember my first time watching Gone with the Wind. It left me in tears for weeks. It seems silly to others, how emotionally involved I get, but to me it makes since. They excite me; they give me hopes, they give dreams, they sometimes even give me the courage to keep going.

Movies are capable of uniting the most diverse people because, they are the thing we all have in common. People can bond over love of a certain movie, or the dislike of a certain movie. Whatever the reason, movies, along with movie theaters, bring a somewhat distant nation together. We cheer for the same hero, laugh at the same funny lines, boo the same bad guy, and cry at the same sad ending.

So what is this gift that movies give us, well that’s easy. They enchant us, they entertain us, and they make us believe in the unbelievable. That is why I truly love movies. There’s no other way to explain my deep passion for the motion pictures. It just simply is that. It’s love, it’s passion, it’s real.