Kathryn - Geneva, Ohio

Our politically correct society insists on forcing us to pay a 400 year old debt…over and over and over again.

The news is rife with commentary about Don Imus and his recent racial slur against the ladies of the Rutgers basketball team. I am not a fan of Mr. Imus, but I do believe he has apoligized enough and paid dearly for his recent racial faux paux.

If the Rutgers team members wish to lay claim to their proud black history and their dignity as women, they would acknowledge Mr. Imus’ humiliation amongst his peers and listening public. In the case of his ill thought out comment, there truly is such a thing as whipping a dead horse.

The companies that have pulled their financial support of his show are merely sheep following the reactionary behavior of their contemporaries. Is there not one company out there that will express a genuine thought?

He humiliated himself in front of the entire nation. He will forever come face to face with black men and women and know he is perceived as an incredible bigot.

Methinks the self inflicted punishment justifies the crime. It’s time for the american public to move on and find another politically incorrect pariah to flagellate.