Cassie - Ellerslie, Georgia

I believe there is always a silver lining. I believe bad things happen to good people, but you have to look past the bad and look to the future in order to get on with life. I believe everything happens for a reason and that I have to take what comes and go with it. If everybody gave up every time something bad happened to them, no one would ever prosper.

When I say “bad things” I don’t mean they have to be terrible, awful, tragic instances, but they can be. I remember this past summer. I had everything. I had a job, a car, and most importantly (it seemed at the time) a boyfriend with whom I was head-over-heals for. Needless to say, we broke up. I was devastated, to say the least. I thought I would never get over it. Then things got better. I got the best friend I could ever ask for, his girlfriend before me, Lara Allan. As the months went on, we developed a friendship that can withstand anything. She’s my accountability partner, my sister, she’s always there when I need her and she’s strong enough to handle whatever life throws are her. I envy her in many ways. She is my silver lining.

These things that happen to us can be small things too, like changing churches. I had been at Bethesda Baptist Church since I was born. It had been the best church for so many years. We went on mission trips, held Vacation Bible School, and I was really getting fed there. Everything was fine until we got a new youth pastor and thing went sour, fast. I was so upset that the church I had gone to my entire life was becoming something that felt like an obligation to attend. I ended up going to visit Wynnbrook Baptist Church with a friend one night and fell in love with it. It was a really hard time in my life to have my church quit on me, so finding Wynnbrook was another one of my “silver linings”.

I’ve always been taught that God won’t give you anything you can’t handle and nothing in this whole wide world is bigger than He is, so rest assured that when life doesn’t go the way you‘ve planned, there’s always a silver lining, hidden in the clouds. This I believe.