Caroline - Cataula, Georgia
Themes: pleasure

I believe in passion. According to Webster’s New World Dictionary, passionate is an adjective meaning: having or showing strong feelings. To me, it’s a bit more than that.

What are you passionate about? It’s a tricky question. I try to explain that art is my passion. But not just charcoal drawings, rather the charcoal line along the crevices of my fourth block fingernails. I’m passionate about detail, whether that be words, blue eyes, or trying to find the words to describe his blue eyes. It’s that emotion.

I have “strong feelings” towards study and observation. I am in no way passionate about sports, but I am interested in the textures of a football. I like the way hair looks underwater and seeing faces light up. Something so simple has so much detail, so much emotion.

And music, I hardly know a thing about music. However, I do see the way you can’t help but tap your feet or close your eyes. I see the way it sparks something in you. It sparks emotion.

I live a life of routine passion. I don’t mind waking up and going straight to the computer. I enjoy my daily walks to the mailbox and nightly readings. Silly people, love stories, riding with the windows down, and breathtaking snapshots all trigger an emotion.

Relationships also ignite emotion. I’m enthralled by family dinners, enchanted with late night girl talks, and awestruck at the very nearness of my significant other. On the terms of affection- I adore mutual giggles, holding hands, Eskimo kisses, and piggy back rides. It’s all enough to haul me into an emotional frenzy of passion.

Webster says emotion is a noun meaning strong feeling. In that case, I believe in having strong feelings about strong feelings. And that is my passion.