I Believe in Myself

Kelly - USA

The simple phrase “What do I believe in?” is racing around in my head. Like a train, it keeps going, self-propelled and waiting for the journey to end. As I ponder this subject I am confused with the dearth of ideas, reassuring myself this can not be this opaque. I keep searching for the answer. I asked friends and family, but their insipid answers were soon renounced. God, family, and karma are all example of what I believe in, but I want something better, so the train incessantly keeps going. From the children’s story, The Little Engine That Could, “I think I can, I think I can,” transpires in my head, trying to encourage me to find the answer. This is when the train takes a screeching halt, for I found the answer, I believe in myself.

I think believing in yourself is the most important characteristic a person can embrace, because believing in yourself is what keeps people going everyday. Constantly, consciously reminding myself of my capabilities and goals in life is what gives me the strength and courage to keep going. For instance simple tasks such as studying for test or writing this paper would be formidable, if I did not believe in myself. Overcoming obstacles and reaching for new goals are both aspirations I need to accomplish in life, but I can not be held back by paucity of belief in myself. When I picture myself in the future, I see myself being someone and doing something with my life. If I did not believe in myself I would be stagnant in time. I set my mind to things and I believe I can accomplish them. Everyone needs that extra push, and it is impossible to have if you do not believe in yourself. If you believe in yourself you will succeed and become a better person. Believing in yourself gives you confidence and self respect, which are two important qualities to have. Although this train’s journey has ended it is ready for the next obstacle and will keep pushing, hoping to stay on the right track.