Dustin - Saco, Maine
Themes: community

Teamwork

Do you ever find yourself surrounded by people that would do anything for you? The real do or die kind of people, who would push you from the street if there was an oncoming bus? Teammates. The group you spend the majority of your time with during the season. You go through the waking hours of the day anticipating practice and the dying the minutes of the game.

These people, big or small, older or younger, make the core of your team. You are everything as one, but nothing as individuals. This squad consists of the many colorful characters that grace the game with their presence, making the game a very diverse playing field. I believe in teamwork, in playing as a unit and not as individuals. I believe that there is no “I” in team and that everyone must pull their weight to win the ultimate battle. Whether you win or lose that battle, at the end of the day you are still a team. You still function as one group and you will still be together for the next set of games. But once you do win that battle, it brings you closer even more. Even when it seems like you are the tightest knit group, you will notice that your back will be covered just a little more.

Once you’re out on that ice, you need to have the assurance that not one, but your whole team has your back, no matter what goes on that day. Whether it be an argument with the referee, an altercation with the goalie, or just a drop of the gloves to settle things, your team has your back and will fight for what you believe in. Sometimes you can take things on yourself, but it’s much better to have the backing of your whole squad. That’s why teamwork is the root of all success.