Justin - lehi, Utah
Themes: love

It happened again today. I had, had enough. I feel bad now because of it, but at that time it was too far. This essay is about my belief that love is a battle field, and trust me ours is hard fought. We drove fighting as we sometimes do. In a moment of silence she turned to me. “Why don’t you just break up with me?”

For a brief moment in my mind I thought, “Why don’t I just break up with her?” I let that thought slide out of my mind and told her that I couldn’t, that I love her. This is when it hit me. I have been telling her that I love her for a long time now, and I truly did, but at this moment I knew that it was unconditional. I swore, not at her but about the way that she had been acting. I told her that I have put up with some major “crap” that no one should have to go through.

Now is the point in time that I began to think back on all that we have gone through. I don’t mean to make it sound like we have a miserable relationship because we don’t, but when you are angry the bad is all that comes to you. She looked at me and wanted to know why I do put up with the “crap” and my answer once again was that I love her.

We drove back to our apartments, and we both went our separate ways. I got into my room where I sat alone, and cried to myself, but as always when I am away from her I can’t stay mad for long. I thought of the love that I have for her and how my life wouldn’t be the same if she was gone. I now understand that love is beyond a battle field. It’s the entire war zone.

Love is constantly bombarded, and always under fire. I sit looking now at the girl that I love. She has no idea that I am even writing this. These are the moments that are always worth fighting for. Every moment that I get to hold her, and just be with her is worth plagues, and pestilence of any kind. I’d go to the ends of the earth for her, and if it came down to it I would honestly die for her. You may ask why I would do this, and to you my answer is the same. That love is a battle field, and I love her.