Christina - san antonio, Texas

I believe that everything happens for a reason.

For almost all of my life I have wondered why bad things sometimes happen to good people. Everyone has had an event in their life where they question why did this happen to me? At first I just thought it was the luck of the draw, like life’s random bumps in the road, but then I started to think maybe things happen for a reason. Life is like a chain of events that make us who we are. These events make us unique and separate us from everyone else. This leads me to my belief that everything happens for a reason.

I have this belief because of events in my own life that have seemed unfair, but have later turned out to have a greater positive impact. One event that has shaped my belief took place when I was just a junior in high school. I had a life that I loved and a boyfriend who I was sure I was going to marry. My mom and I weren’t getting along, and there were constant fights about where I was going and what I was wearing. Finally my mom picked up the phone and called my father. My mom was so fed up with my behavior that All of the necessary arrangements were made and she sent me to San Antonio to live with him. I absolutely hated it here; I thought it was the end of the world! Then I met this guy, he came in like a night in shining armor. Josh showed me that change can be a beautiful thing and that life was too great to sit around being angry. We’ve been together ever since and are now engaged. I truly believe that if I had stayed in Daytona I would have never met my soul mate.

Another example in my life that supports my belief is one that I’m sure everyone can relate to in one way or another. Its an example about an all American girl who made one bad choice and paid with her life. In high school I had a friend who had just turned sixteen and got a car. We had made plans to all go out and celebrate her birthday, but I wasn’t able to make it to the party. The very next day I heard that she had tried to drive home after a night of drinking and crossed the median striking another car and died. I was numb with the thought that I could have died that night along with her. This tragedy hit our high school like a bullet to the heart. Out of this loss that we had all suffered together came plans to reach out to people who are young and think that they can drink and drive. I believe out of this tragedy that someone, somewhere stopped to think before they got behind the wheel.

A lot of things can happen in a persons life to shape their beliefs .

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and even though you might not see the importance or reason to it now, there is always a greater impact. Some of us have lost loved ones, or been hurt or abused and you may think, what is the reason for that? Well, my belief is that someone’s personal struggle could impact someone else’s life for the positive. This is the foundation for my belief that everything happens for a reason.