Antonio - chester, Virginia

Who are Your True Friends?

In the crazy world that I and among so many others grew up in, crime has been an infamous problem. I was raised in a one-horse town where everyone could leave there doors unlocked all hours of the day. The television was forever showing the violence that occurred everyday. These showings on the television consisted of some horrifying things. People were murdering each other, breaking into houses and such violence that I had never thought possible. In my head, I thought to myself, “What is all this about”? I was never exposed to the world outside of my rural town.

I came to Old Dominion University, and the way of life was entirely opposite of what I was raised on. The police would be out all hours of the day fighting the dangerous crime on the streets of Norfolk, Virginia. I coped with this problem by hanging with the ones I love. My friends stayed by my side since I arrived at Old Dominion. They make me feel invincible, and there is nothing that anyone can to do to me to harm me. As they did for me I did for them. We always stuck together through and throughout the tough times. The most comfortable feeling, is knowing the ones I love are there through thick and thin. All the puzzle pieces started to fit. Crime is a factor in the world in which we live. There should be a positive way to resolve the violence not only in Norfolk but in the entire world. The true solution to this dilemma is to stand by those who I trust. I believe that true friends are hard to come by, especially this day in time. If there were something to happen to me mentally or physically, my friends would do all in their power to make sure I recover.

My truck has been broken into many of times since the arrival at Old Dominion. There needs to be a stop to all this nonsense. Personally, my true friends were there for me to calm me down, and to boost my self-esteem back up. These special types of people that I have been blessed with having as my friends are something I will cherish for a lifetime. Crime can be dealt with in this world, if more people had close ones to stand by their side. I know having my friends that I consider now my brothers, will be there for me in any situation that I may encounter. The objective to staying away from crime is to always be with a group of people while out. Friends