David - San Antonio, Texas

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

I believe actions speak louder than words in all areas of life. There are so many things that this world famous quote can mean, but I’m going to bring to your attention just a few. I believe actions speak louder than words when it comes to family, work and school.

Firstly, I believe actions speak louder than words when it comes to the family. A father and mother can say how much they love their own flesh and blood, but it is very easy to see how much they mean their words with the way they take care of their family. I’ve personally seen so many fathers who leave the marriage home to go on to something new with a different woman. They say how much they love and miss their kids, but when it comes to seeing them or taking them something all kinds of different reasons come in to play that very easily stop that father from being with his kids. I’m sure this is the same with some mothers too. It shows their actions don’t match their words.

Secondly, I believe actions speak louder than words when we talk about work. You can tell your employer or boss just how much your position means to you and how much you want to achieve, but you don’t back it up with your daily performance. You turn up late for work and leave early. Your lunch slips five minutes past the hour mark, and to add insult to injury you always criticize your workmates. Your attitude shows a lot more than your words. It shows you can talk the talk but not walk the walk. It is important to back up our words with actions.

Finally, I believe our actions speak louder than words with our schooling. You say how much you want your degree and how much you want to achieve it, but you don’t have the discipline to follow through and make it happen! Very often you hear people complain about their jobs and how they don’t pay enough, but they don’t have any education nor any desire to make their lives better. Personally, this is something I am working on as I want to achieve a better life. That is why I got back into education. I believe we need to take actions to the words they speak.

I believe that the words that we speak have to be backed up by the actions we take for anyone to have any trust in us as people. We have to back up our words. When you say what you mean and mean what you say it puts a respect there that would never be there before. Its time to follow our dreams and meet our goals, and I fully believe we can do everything we desire to do if we know our actions speak louder than words.