Judy - Merrimack, New Hampshire

I Can Get More Done When I Procrastinate

Guess what I can do? I can get more done when I procrastinate!

I was going to work on my taxes. Ugh! Instead, I called and found out about my pension and got age old questions answered. I went to the Social Security Office and got things straightened out there. I made lots of phone calls to friends. I even looked up some friends from high school I haven’t seen in over 40 years! I sent out letters, which I hardly ever write, cards which were overdue, emails that needed answering. I found out information on conferences I need to attend. I scheduled trips to Michigan, Ireland, Prague and even a cruise to the Mediteranean! Then I took a friend to Burdick’s in Walpole, NH for lunch and chocolates and visited the Country Store in VT. I got my car inspected and registered. Meanwhile, I found out about better phone service for my mother in PA. Heck, I even visited her for 10 days in PA and just got back yesterday! I even missed eating! At 10 p.m. I put dinner into the microwave. At midnight I went looking for it—but wasn’t hungry anymore—it went into the refrigerator! I’m even losing weight while procrastinating on taxes!

I can multitask while I procrastinate. I can take the dog out to pee, be on the phone with a friend, ask a question by email and cook dinner all at the same time. Are my taxes done? Almost, but it’s not April 15th yet. I have a lot more I can get done!