Crystal - Stockdale, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

Live Each Day As If There Were No Tomorrow

As everyone goes through life, I know they have some kind of problems in there life that sometimes you just think you can not get through. I feel these are things that make us stronger. Growing up as a child, me and my dad never had that real tight bond. He knew I loved him and I knew that he loved me, but there were so many problems between the two of us. As I grew up we only grew further apart. We talked and visited with each other, but there was not that certain bond between the two of us. I don’t feel I I was mommas girl, but I did take my moms side on everything, which meant my dad was always wrong. The day that I found out I had lost my dad, a piece of me died with him. I have so many regrets and emotions that live with me each day of things that went unsaid. So many feelings that went untold because I guess I had never lost someone so important to me, and never had dreamed that I would loose him so soon. The day I lost my dad was the day I learned to live each day as if there were no tomorrow. That belief may be different to many people, but to me living each day as if there were no tomorrow means do not hold grudges against people that are important to you, let the ones you love know you love them and live life the way that makes you happy without worrying about what other people think.

I try to live life not holding grudges, because I lost my dad so fast and I am scared I will loose someone else close to me so suddenly. Even though I try to live life this way it is not always possible, but I am not a person that can stay mad at someone very long. I am scared that if I stay mad at someone I love I may not have tomorrow to apologize and make everything alright. I held grudges against my dad and loosing my dad, was so hard and I just wish I would have let him known how I truly felt about him so he would have known that I loved him. Living life with no grudges is so much less stressful then having the strength to be able to stay mad at someone.

I also feel that living each day as if there were no tomorrow to me means let the people that you love know that you love them. Be there for them as much as possible. When they call and need help, go help them no matter what that is. The people you love are the ones that are the most important to you. I also think you need to be there for the people you love in their time of need and they will do the same for you. The important people in your life are the ones that will make you life worth living. Without having people in your life that you love means you will be living life alone.

I am a person that tries to make everyone happy, but I have grown to believe that , that is not possible. I am the type of person that wants to take care of the ones I love and doing that I sometimes get taken advantage of, but no matter how many times I get hurt from the people I love I still continue to try to help them. I have my husband and 3 children and they are my my concern. I know that my beliefs may not be the same as everyone else’s and I know at some point I may do something that someone does not believe is right, but as long as my husband and children are happy then I am doing the right thing. I am trying to live to make me and my family happy and not worry about what others think.

Life is about living and enjoying your life. I have a lot of regrets that I will never be able to do anything about, because I lost my dad before I was able to take care of certain things. Losing my dad I feel has brought me and my family closer. I feel like I need to take care of my mother and brother for some reason. I feel my sister can take care of herself, I just feel like my dad would want me to look after my mom and brother. I learned a lot from loosing my dad. Life is not about making regrets. It is about living each day as if there were no tomorrow. That means let the people you love know you love them and be there for them as much as you can. It also means let grudges go. Grudges only make relationships harder to heal and live life to make yourself happy and not worry about what other people think.