Ivi - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: death

“Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword”

Too many funerals you say, I believe half of them are caused by guns. People suffer every single day from family loss caused by guns. I always hear about complaints dealing with guns, but yet people are allowed to sell guns and have shops where you can buy them. Then I hear about the government and cops complaining about kids and teenagers getting a hold of the guns, and it all leads to DEATH. What I believe in might never come true, but still I want whoever will listen to my story help my belief get out there. There should not be anybody allowed to sell guns to anyone. I believe only cops should be allowed to carry guns around. There is no point in anybody else having guns because it all leads to violence. Kids and teenagers end up getting a hold of guns and end up killing one of there friends, or family members, other peoples family members and friends, or even themselves. It’s sad because some of those deaths caused by guns are accidental, and then there is nothinganybody could do about it; they can’t bring them back all they have left is memories. It’s hard because I have experienced deaths with some of my friends from stupid guns. One of my friends was killed by a gun, but the sad thing is that it was accidental, and now I suffer as well as all his other friends and family members. All I could have of him now is memories. Some other deaths I have experienced from guns are friends committing suicide and from gangs, and some times they kill the wrong person. Guns have a lot to do with violence because then people get in gangs and go on killing sprees, for what, stupid reasons. “Look he’s wearing red, let’s go kill him”, “He has a blue belt, we better go shoot him”, “What about him, he’s black, plus he’s got his hood up. Let’s go put a gun to his head.” See what I mean. STUPID, it sounds stupid but people really do get killed for those reasons. It seems like our world revolves around guns. I believe if they would just put an end to guns, there would be no more complaints, and less funerals people have to go through. War never helps anything it only makes things worse. Innocent people die, and why do we go to war anyway. Is it to show how “powerful” we are, or to show whose country is “best.” It’s all stupid and worthless. Guns just make this world evil and turn people around to be evil. Sometimes the evil really isn’t in that person but they do it because they see their friends doing it, or they grew up around it. There needs to be an end to guns, ther would be less funerals and suffering, This I Believe.