Luke - El Segundo, California

This I believe: I believe in mankind. Despite the flaws with humans, I believ that they have the possibility to change in a positive way. Throughout the years people have settled conflict with war. War settles nothing and leads to more arguments and bloodshed. If people stopped to understand and be patient with one another, the world would be a much happier place. People would no longer have to constantly worry about the potential disasters that await in their near future. Over four thousand people died for no cause on September 11th. Innocent civilians were killed because of hatred between two governments. As if fighting wasn’t enough of an issue to our economy, global warming is. People have stopped thinking about what is right and wrong but of how they can profit from it. Companies bring in billions of dollars as African children starve but destroy their land as well. When an energy efficient car is brought to the public, bigger motor industries buy it out before any can be purchased. In addition to that, gangs contribute nothing to society. If someone has an issue, they resolve it with violence. I still wonder what the real purpose of gangs is. But through all of this, I know we can change. Mankind must wake up to see that their are many problems in the world that they can participate in helping. But what can I do, I’m just one person? That is what the entire population on Earth is saying and if half of the people contributed a little bit who knows what we could achieve.