Alesha - Schofield, Wisconsin

I believe there is a God. I’m beyond believing, I know He is real. Believing in God isn’t easy. You may not see clues that he is real, but if you search for them, you will see them. I always loved the quote, “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.”

Every day we all must wonder how humankind got on earth. How did “God” put us here?

I always seemed to ask my father that, rather than a priest. He always said, “God put us here.” Well, how. He never could answer that. But there is no solid answer; it’s what you believe in.

One day, I was praying to God to give me a sign that He is real. I never got a sign, at least not a visible one. It’s not a sign that makes me believe it; it’s the feeling I get when I ponder about it. Maybe that’s the sign, I will never clearly know, but I believe it all the same.

I believe in God because there is no other explanation of how we got here. Also, life was his contribution to us. The love from my family and friends, the way people miraculously get healed from diseases or cancer, the way we act, and the way we help others was what He wanted and what He planned.

After my grandfathers died, I always wondered why God planned for them to pass at a young age. Why did it have to happen to my grandfathers? Then it hit me maybe that’s what would be best for them not me.

Each day we all want God to give us our miracle. We keep taking steps in life and holding on when tragedies come upon us, but who really needs a miracle? We already got ours, life. Every day, every minute, we are receiving a gift from him.

Believing in God makes me act more different. Not in a bad way but in a more gratifying way. I take responsibility for my actions knowing that God can see us and knows what we are doing. He made us who we are today and He’s the one that puts us in heaven or hell. In my own belief I say he is real; there is no question about it.