Ashley - North Carolina

This I believe, that “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16. Eleven years ago, as a young girl of seven years of age, I received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of my life. I knew that Sunday morning if I did not ask Jesus to come into my heart, then I would die and go to hell. I know this sounds like an awful lot for a young child to say and think, but I knew I had to believe, and I did.

God has been with me every step along the way in my life. He knew what the future held for me before I was even born. There have been many circumstances in my life that I thought would go a certain way. When they did not go the way I wanted them to go I might have become saddened, angry, confused, but I had to remind myself that God knows what is best for me. He knows what the road ahead holds before I do, and he is watching out for me.

All throughout high school, my friend and I planned on going to the same college together and being roommates. Four years soon flew by. Before I knew it we are applying to colleges. She got into the college of our dreams, but I did not. I was very confused, but relieved at the same time. It sounds weird doesn’t it? How could someone be glad that they did not get into the school of their dreams? There had been many mix-ups at the university getting a completed application. By the time the school received the application, the nursing program was full, and therefore I could not be accepted. As the process was being completed, I prayed to God, “Lord, if this is where I should go, let me be accepted. If not, let me be rejected.” I knew myself, and if I had got in the school, but God told me no, I probably would not have listened and would have went to the school

anyway. That is why I was relieved to be rejected from a school I truly wanted to go to. God simply made the choice for me. This is why I believe no matter what the situation, it is always best to let God make the decisions in my life.