Bailey - Weston, Wisconsin

The Dancing Queen Within Me

I believe that you should do what you love to do. I have been in dance for nine years, and I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it. I dance just about every day to just about every song, except for the oldies my dad plays in the car. I’ll leave the dancing to him for those songs. I think every type of dance has a special quality. For example: ballet makes me feel weightless, as if I am flying. Tap makes me feel like I am ready to show the world what fast footwork is all about (in a very loud way), and jazz allows me to feel like I am in control of the stage, ready to put all of my heart into the movements.

The stage is my favorite place to dance. When I am offstage, the steps race through my mind. Soon, the time comes when I have to walk onstage to my place. As I wait for the music to start, excitement flows through me. Then, I relax, and as the music begins to play, my hands and feet move in time with the music. It feels as though the music is guiding me. I am a dancing ballerina, gliding across the stage like angels dancing on clouds. Then the music stops, and I take my bow. As I walk off, I feel proud of myself. After that, I keep thinking over and over, I wish I could do it again.

One of the most important things about the art of dance is having self-confidence. I don’t let anyone tell me that I shouldn’t dance. The way I think about it, when someone is trying to tell you what to do, it’s really just a bunch of words coming out their mouths, (And they’re probably just jealous). Everyone should know that people are much stronger than words. If you have a talent or hobby, go for it. Don’t let anyone stop you. You are in control.

I have had many great experiences with dance. My friendships have grown intensely with girls that I once never knew, and I have improved dramatically with my technique. I would like everyone to have an experience like this. All you have to do is believe in yourself and follow your heart.

If life is a dance, then I hope you’ll dance like no one is watching.

This I believe.