Lee - Weston, Wisconsin
Themes: love

I Believe Love Multiplies

Did you know that love comes in different forms? Love could be a husband’s affection for his wife or simply a child caring for his/her friend. If you take the time to help others, eventually people will see you as a kindhearted person and return the favor. Therefore, when people say, “The love we give away is the only love we keep,” I believe it is true because I feel my mom’s love for me at a young age and it’s being returned to her as I grew up.

My mother’s love for me when I was young was in the way she raised me. She took care of me when I was born by bringing me home safely in a car seat and providing me with new baby furniture. Everyday she changed my dirty diapers, so I would be more comfortable and clean. When I cried, my mother fed me formula to make me stop crying and to help me grow healthier. Also, she sewed most of my clothes to replace the worn ones. As I got older, I was potty trained to get ready for school. Xao, my mother, devoted her life to making me, me.

Now that I’m 12, I am helping her around the house. I help her with laundry by sorting clothes into whites and colored piles. Sometimes I wash dishes after the family fest, so she won’t be too tired after cooking and cleaning up for the family. When the house is dirty, I pick up big pieces of trash and then vacuum the house. I feel that it is important to help my mom around the house because she took care of me when I was young.

As you can see, my mom’s love that she gave away when I was young is being returned to her. Seeing her love for me throughout those years, makes me help her around the house every chance I get, knowing that she will always be proud of me and treasure these moments. Helping her in return for raising me and making precious memories along the way is why I believe that, “The love we give away is the only love we keep.”