David - Leicester, North Carolina
Themes: community

I believe in the people of this world. Although we may suffer heartache, like when our lovers and companions die after 75 years together. It is in these moments of sorrow that people tend to band together, like atoms slowing gyrating through the universe together.

Although we are at war with terror, we must not become terror. We must remember that there are people on the other end of the bullets. We must change minds, and not just by turning them into splatter on the sidewalk, but by changing the ideas of thoughts going through them.

We may have different customs, beliefs, cultures, and lives. But we all learn together, and are all born of the same mighty wind of the universe. We can do whatever we want with it, but behind it all we just want to live in the world. Some want a peaceful world. Some want a violent, cruel world where they are the supreme people.

I am confused on this thought, though, which people are the good and which are the bad? That is of course determined from the perspective. People in the United States say they are the good, while the religious fanatics throughout the world claim their bloodlines will lead them to the throne.

Both groups of people believe, that they are better then the other, because that is what the people around them have all been talking about. The thoughts and ideas are transferred from one person to another. Each takes them in and makes them their own, but even in this day and age with all of our technologies, we still routinely try to kill.

I, like all of the other people I know, have learned to believe what I believe, and think what I think because of the way the world has been situated around me. Each of us is the center of our own universe. We take in, and give out, to those which are around us. Every sentence feels like it is directed towards you, even when it really is just a comet screaming by at an obscene speed.

Even when ideas and thoughts aren’t meant for you, you are still grazed by the immense salaciousness of their wakes. They seem foreign and distant, yet so close, that like a star, you could pick them out of the sky.

Every one dreams and every one wants what is best for them. We also think that what is good for us is good for the rest of the world. I believe there is a time of world pleasure ahead, but the highways and the cities will be built on the ideas of billions of people.

Our being picks up on these wave lengths and we begin to feel a sense of closeness to the issuers of these dreams. This is why I believe in the people of this world.